Reports To: Managing Director, Managed Services
Marketing are responsible for spreading the word on how great of an organization we are to prospects, clients and employees. Marketing’s purpose in life during the work day is to find creative ways to tell the world (or more specifically small businesses in southeast Michigan) why it’s not ok to live with failing technology.
The Marketing Coordinator will be trained on:
- What we do.
- Why we do it.
- How we do it so darn well.
Once these three things are accomplished, marketing our services to potential prospects is simplicity!
Job duties include working with our Managing Director on a regular basis on creation, development and deployment of different marketing strategies in order to build up a regular inbound prospect generation engine. Although the majority of effort will be spent on cultivating new business, we also do market to our current clients regularly. Examples of marketing strategies that we commonly develop and implement would be direct mail, email, social media outreach, blog/site content offers, telemarketing campaigns and referral programs. We also work on building the brand and image of the company to include all marketing assets and website.
- Superior documentation and writing capabilities (good way to show this would be your cover letter)
- Strong interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate with customers, staff and vendors
- Passion for teamwork, problem solving and exceptional customer service
- Must be well spoken, organized, detail-oriented, dependable and flexible
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance
- Background check and drug screen required
- Reliable transportation
This Position Entails:
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements, in fact, things change so fast around here it's best that you LOVE being challenged by change
- Planning, coordinating, directing and supervising ongoing projects to insure completion within scope, timeline and budget
- An unshakable, ravenous desire to AGGRESSIVELY expand your knowledge. Expect to read 3-5 company-assigned books as well within your first 90 days of employment (training materials and mentoring provided), and that's just the warm up!
- A passion for creating a memorable customer service experience. If you had a lemonade stand as a child and out-earned that snot-nosed kid across the street because you were offering a unique lemonade buying experience by way of perhaps car side service or complementary napkin or cookie, you're probably in the right ballpark.
- Implement marketing campaigns, preparing marketing and sales strategies, plans and objectives
- Track ongoing marketing metrics in numerous tools. Success of this role is based on measurable prospect and lead generation metrics.
- Keeps promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with our staff and external vendors
- Support sales staff by providing sales data, market trends, forecasts, account analyses, new product information
- Research and understand our competition, their service and product characteristics, market share, pricing, market message and value proposition
- 1Dealing with IT people who tend to show a little sliver of nerdiness from time to time
- 1Work the crowd! Networking event attendance is a must
- 1This is a full-time, hourly position
A previous marketing-related background is a plus.
Benefits include group medical/dental insurance, paid time off, retirement contribution and training reimbursement.
Qualifications / Skills
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Frequent alpha/numeric keyboarding
- Oral communication over the phone and in person
- Ability to view computer monitor
- Maintain compliance in Book Club
- Maintain an appropriate demeanor with staff, management, vendors and clients
- Maintain an orderly and professional physical work environment